Firstly can i say thanks for taking the time out to have a look at my site.
(www)rentcollectors(dot)ie (sorry but it wont let me post the site name here) is a site my company has put together and site name says exactly what the company does.
Well no need to waffle on too much about the company, I was just wondering if you guys could have a look through it and give me any of your feedback (good or bad).
Fell free to join the site with fictional details to get the whole view of the site.
Once again thanks guys
First - Not a bad design, though I've a couple of things that might need attention...
1. Too much white space at the top of the page - Around the logo etc.
2. Do you need so many places to login? Every page has two login buttons and then when you go the login page you still have the 2 login links and the ability to actually login...
3. The verify client code down the bottom - If you accidentally put in the wrong code you have to refresh the page to put it in again. Whatever process you're using to verify codes should return the search page again.
4. There's a jarring difference between the front page and the other pages. I think its the width difference that giving that affect.
Overall though a pretty clean design.
fix the cannonical URL issue
have a more descriptive page title
why do you need a mobile phone number ??[/quote]
Thanks for the quick resposne Paul.
Sorry im unsure what you mean in point 1.
All the seo work including page title, button titkes etc will all get done within the next 1-2 weeks thanks
We ask for mobile phone number as one of the features is to receive a text confirming when a payment has reached your account.
1. ill look into that white space with mydeveloper
2. We didnt think having many login areas was a bad thing and it didnt really come to my attecntion in the past. But as im askin you guys for your feedback ill look into this ,thanks.
3. Super point thanks ill get on to that immed
4. ill get it sorted.
Once again thanks alot, this is the information that just doesnt spring to mind when i look at it so thanks alot.
He means that because both of versions of your domain name work - with and without the "www" at the start. This is unfortunately seen as duplicate content within the G men's algorithm's for indexing sites so will be punished in your search rankings.Originally Posted by newhere
Ask your developer to take a look at this by 301 permanent redirecting from one to the other. i.e. when you type in the domain without the www it should auto redirect to the www version or vice versa.(some people prefer with the www and some people prefer it without it) It should be easily done if he knows what he's doing.
thats great will get on too it pronto.. very helpful thanks
Provide an alternative to the 1890 number (see http://www.saynoto1890.com/ )
Where's your company number?
Are you registered with data privacy?
Why are you forcing people to supply a mobile number? I understand that you offer an SMS service, but shouldn't it be optional?
Check your spelling: http://rentcollectors.ie/terms_&_conditions/
"Rentcollectors will take a monthly deduction of 30euros from the rent received each month once the rent has come in to our business bank account" - it says 20 euro on the main page?
"The rental payment will be made to the beneficiary landlord once received during business hours 9pm - 5pm" - that doesn't make much sense. What if the tenant makes an EFT payment at night?
http://rentcollectors.ie/benefits/ - more typos
Which payment methods can tenants use? I can't see any reference to it
http://rentcollectors.ie/ and http://rentcollectors.ie/home and http://www.rentcollectors.ie/ all appear to be the same content
Good design and I think its a good idea...
I may use this myself to manage my tenants.
The cost of e20 a month is very good, so I'd put that on the first page.
Handy service, well done.
Font size could be bigger (But maybe thats just me)