€250 for a domain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormac

I'm not sure what the "blue-book" costing of .dj domain is but I know that .fm and .tv domains cost approx €100. So it's not really surprising if the domain is priced at $250

Zascar

Thanks guys.

The domain I am looking for has already been registered - however it expired yesterday! I REALLY want this domain but I just cannot seem to register it. I assume there is some period of time before it gets deleted and re released for sale.

Can anyone please offer me some advice as to how I can find out more about if I can reserve it etc, or how long I will have to wait until it gets released for resale? Might there be any other registrars that will register it for me? All the ones I have tried either say it is taken, or the WHOIS server is not available and they cannot process.

I had a chat to Michele in Backnight and he said it's a weird one, but to just keep checking it as often as possible. I will of course do this but I'd be gutted if one day I forgot and someone else beat me to it! I read on another forum that they actually monitor peoples searches and sometimes reserve them to try to get a higher price for them (but this could of course be complete BS)

There is an option to Renew the domain when you search for it, but you have to tick a box that says:

" I have read and I accept the dotDJ renewal procedure and contractual terms. I have the legal right to use the requested domain name. I accept that renewal of ".dj" domain names are subject to A.DJ Membership and prior aproval, and that changes in the name of the registrant or in the purpose of the web site may lead to the immediate cancellation of a name registration. I accept that A.DJ may refuse domain name transfers. If I am not already a Member I here join A.DJ and accept to respect its statutes and bylaws. I am the registrant of this domain name or I want to renew it on behalf of its registrant." Would this Perhaps be worth a try, or would I be wasting my time?

Any and all advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.