2 files mixed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

byronyasgur

i wonder has anyone encountered anything like this - im sure it's not just me - but it never happened to me before

i used filezilla to upload all the files from a local dev of a wordpress installation up to the server - all working well but password protected pages were giving a wierd error about pop3 !!!

after about an hour of scratching my head i discovered that during the transfer 2 files contents had been switched with one another - wp-pass contained wp-mail's contents and visa versa -

now i would not be surprised in the least that files could get corrupted - but i find an exact swap pretty strange -

anyone ... bewler ...

byronyasgur

well there's 1700 files in the installation so i always just leave it set to auto - but it works every other time i did it - surely if that setting was wrong it would corrupt the files ... not swap their contents ?

php.allstar

Yeah, I had a similar problem before, I was using Filezilla.

Filezilla allows multiple ftp connections at once to upload files quicker.

If you are using Filezilla (or if your FTP Client allows it,) ensure that you limit the number of connections to 1, that's what solved it for me.

php.allstar

well I suppose you could put it like that, my understanding at the time was that it swapped the filenames, so its much of a muchness really.

Status
Not open for further replies.