A Small Orange Webhosting

Discussion in 'Hosting' started by Cormac, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Cormac

Cormac New Member

Hi kids,

Has anybody used A Small Orange - A Small Orange - Web Hosting, Software and more! - as their webhost? I'm looking into the possibility of getting either the super or large hosting package - A Small Orange - Web Hosting - Plans - as you can see both are very affordable and feature rich.

I sent their support an email asking a few questions about their package and they were very prompt in their response.

They use cPanel, Exim Mail Server, PHP4.4/5.2 and MYSQL5 as their server technology.

The thing i like most about them is the fact that they seem very proactive in their market.

Does anybody have any expierence off hand with their service?
  2. mneylon

mneylon Administrator Staff Member

What do you mean?
  3. Gavin

Gavin New Member

I have heard some good things about them but could never get an account. Apparently they only allow a specific number of new customers each day, although its been months since I tried.
  4. Cormac

Cormac New Member

It's just the sense you get from reading about them on their website and hearing things from others. Things like the wiki - ASOwiki: Welcome to the ASO wiki! - add something extra to the community element.

Interesting, I did not know that.
  5. Gavin

Gavin New Member

I have always seen their name pop up as recommended host so they have had some very good publicity. I see their site got a face lift and from the looks of it they are accepting customers again.

One thing though is that these guys look like a reseller more than anything else. I see no mention of their data centre or their hardware setup. Personally I prefer to cut out the middle man and deal directly with the host.
  6. mneylon

mneylon Administrator Staff Member

I've seen a couple of the US hosting companies doing that.

I'm not sure how well it works unless you have a particular type of userbase
  7. CiaranR

CiaranR Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com

What like webmasters? ;)
  8. babyboy808

babyboy808 New Member

Yeah, a great model alright. Oh I want to be 1 of the select few that's allowed in to your service. It works though. I want to change hosts, I might look into these guys...