Status
Not open for further replies.

byronyasgur

Is there an ad management system that allows advertisers to put display advertising on your website directly. This is slightly hard to explain but essentially I can find 2 types of online advertising systems, neither of which suit exactly.

A) I can find ad management systems that will just put any spurious related adverting on your site ... eg the way adwords does ( the adds are not necessesarily from clients you would have a relationship with )

and B) I have seen systems that allow you to create your own advertising in your CMS and manage the clients and billing yourself.....

...but I am looking for something (a 3rd party website essentially )that i can point advertisers to where they would have their own account , create and upload their own advertising, view the impressions add their credit card details to make payments etc. ( this 3rd party would then give me an iframe or something to put in a div on my site, taking commission and paying me the balance )

This is ultimately aimed at a magazine style website where the clients would already have print advertisers that they would want to accommodate online and would need to be able to show them impressions etc so I am open to other approaches or ideas/advice

to add to that ideally I would be looking for a combination system if such a thing exists, in other words one that would fill up on the A) type if there wasnt enough of the B) type

byronyasgur

just found open-x - i think that must be what im looking for, unless anyone has any alternative suggestions ... it looks very comprehensive, maybe too much so, if there was a cloud version that was even simpler to use then i might be interestd in that

byronyasgur

from what i can see it boils down to 4 options ( for me anyway )

• openx hosted - handy but reliability is aparantly pretty bad
  • openx self hosted - possibly the best option - this one also allows openx market which allows adds from outside your own ad sales to bid on your position for extra revenue
  • google doubleclick for publishers small business (used to be called google ad manager) - the other best option - this is hosted by google - the downsides apparantly inlcude that there might be cause for concern if you also have an adwords account but ???? and also it's possibly a bit more difficult to get familiar with
  • google doubleclick for publishers - the premium version of doubleclick - ( all the others are free )
i havent actually tried any of them yet though (just a bit of research) so i cant comment

andywozhere

I think Google's Doubleclick for Publishers (DFP) should also do the job. Have to say it took me a while to get my head some of the the set up and terminology, so you need a bit of time to get used to it. I think you can get advertisers to sign in and manage their ads on your site via DFP... although I've never actually done that and obviously you can add Adsense ads.

http://dfp.doubleclick.net
YouTube - dfp's Channel

I'm sure OpenX would do all these things too. You'll probably want to do your research and decide which one you want up-front though as they are quite different systems (at least they used to be when it was Google Ad Manager and OpenX did not have a cloud based service).

Status
Not open for further replies.