Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabvin

Hi, Everybody just joined. I have lots of questions but here we go with the first one. I have used Google adsense for the past 2 years. Initially I spent €100 per month. I got a fair degree of enquiries. Then I changed a few keywords and upped the ante to €200 per month. Then i seemed to get buggerall. I have since dropped it down to €75.00 and am still getting buggerall. But can anybody tell me if they experienced the same or is there something that i must have done to upset the applecart. If so, can you tell me where I could go to coorect it. My website is www.kitchenfitters.ie we design, sell and install kitchens, wardrobes and wood flooring. Plus we do general kitchen makeovers - which we are good at! But never mind that we are in the process of upgrading our website to an e-commerce website and I would love to know if there is anything better than adsense to promote my website and drive more traffic to it after it has been launched. Also if there is any particular web tricks to get your site noticed for little cost. All help greatly appreciated.

louie

I think you are trying to say "AdWords", but never mind that as we know what you are talking about ( I do).

Anyhow, did you ever think of getting your website optimised for better organic ranking?
AdWords is good to drive quick traffic, but it tends to become expensive in the long run. Are your campaigns optimised properly? (ad copy, landing page, etc)

gav240z

I think you are trying to say "AdWords", but never mind that as we know what you are talking about ( I do).

Anyhow, did you ever think of getting your website optimised for better organic ranking?
AdWords is good to drive quick traffic, but it tends to become expensive in the long run. Are your campaigns optimised properly? (ad copy, landing page, etc)

Yes you mean Adwords not Adsense (don't confuse the two :))

Louie is right, have you looked at your landing pages? Are you sending visitors to the right page? What message are you using in Adwords (Creative?), your pages lack a strong call to action in that there is very little motivating language / graphics on the page asking me to make an enquiry.

Do you use Google Analytics? Google Analytics can help you understand what your visitors are doing once on your website. Maybe they are bouncing eg: visiting and leaving straight away.

Have you set up any conversion tracking (even if its just leads) to see what keywords are working best for you? Do you know what keywords worked best previously?

Have you tried the Website Optimiser tool? This tool allows you to test different versions of your website relatively easily and simeltaneously so you can see what is driving enquries and why.

There are lots of areas you can improve on and your website could use some help in usability areas.

For example under kitchens link, I see a list of designs etc.. I expect to be able to click the image but I have to click the "view >>" link on the right

Also the graphic on the right hand column is very distracting and very difficult to read. The text is squashed talking about this image here: http://www.kitchenfitters.ie/images/upload/200821171021027535.gif

I would suggest fixing this image and giving the wording better "line-height" to make it more legible. I have to strain to read it.

There is no breadcrumb trail on your website. Once I click into a category
Kitchen Fitters - For a Kitchen Stamped with Quality

I'm not sure where I am anymore, I can only navigate back home.

Your newsletter box is not very intuitive, it assumes I Annie-No-Computer-Know-How knows to put my email address in there. For all I know it just wants my name. Also there is no subscription information, how do I unsubscribe once I sign up? People want a way out, before they will let you into their inbox.

I'm happy to share more ideas / tips etc.. just let me know.

Cheers,
Gavin.

Fabvin

Thanks Gavin, there is a lot to take in there. You see unfortunately I am not the designer of the website. Anyway I am having a new website made at the moment and I was wondering how should I go about getting the designer of my new site to install all this information into my new site to help my new site make an impact.

gav240z

Fabvin

Thanks Gavin, there is a lot to take in there. You see unfortunately I am not the designer of the website. Anyway I am having a new website made at the moment and I was wondering how should I go about getting the designer of my new site to install all this information into my new site to help my new site make an impact.

Hi Fabvin,

Its a difficult situation as your designer / developer may be constrained with what he / she can do based on the CMS (content management system) they are using to build your website.

I would suggest speaking with your developer and seeing what is an is not possible from a design perspective.

Have you heard of Google's Conversion Optimiser? This tool allows you to try different design ideas and headlines / images on your site. You can see what works best in terms of lead generation.

Can you manage your website through an interface? Or do you need to ask someone to make all the changes to your website?

Status
Not open for further replies.