Adsense and Sitesearch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGorman

My website is not yet extensively indexed by google, but I still want to provide a sitesearch facility and if possible display ad's on the results sheet.

I've used a pre-installed CGI script from my CPanal to create a basic site-search that does the job perfectly (try typing 'jets club' into the search box here). I'm quite happy with this solution for the moment, however would it be against the TOS for me to insert ad code into the serp?

Thanks,
Ciaran

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I've had a look over the TOS and can't see anything explicitly forbidding you from doing it

CGorman

I had a look through it as well, but it's not a very easy document to interpet, and Google are gaining a reputation for banning people for the slightest breachs. I might ask at webmastersworld aswell to double check... i'm only a few months with adsense and only beginning to hit a decent regular number of clicks (under 10 per day though!) so really don't want to get banned!

Thanks

CGorman

Not yet... but if my daily average this month continues till the 31st, i'll have hit about 80% of that figure you mentioned!

CGorman

Its probably not a great idea to be shouting my ideas outloud, but the plan is (whenever I get a bit of time) to build a dozen more themeatic link directories for minority sports - a sort of mini-network - then add things like forums to create stickiness.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
CGorman said:
of course! one thing at a time.

Not just that :)

The better optimised the site is the more targetted the adverts that it will display, which should lead to an increase in earnings for you

CGorman

I updated my sitemap to include everypage on my site the other day and uploaded it to Google Sitemaps - i'm already seeing improvements in ad targetting and almost all pages are now indexed by Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.