Advantages of having Irish site hosted in Ireland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robototitico

Hello, Forgive my ignorance if this is a basic question.

Is there any SEO advantage to having your Irish site (aimed solely at Irish users) hosted in Ireland, rather than say the US (where it currently is).

My site comes up in a google search for "pages from Ireland".

Dara

Yes there are advantages I would suggest. If your site is Irish based, aimed at an irish marketplace then hosting it in Ireland would be beneficial. Doesn't mean of course that your serps will jump dramitacally but all things being equal it should assist.

Redfly

Thought you couldn't host a .ie in the US?:confused:

I never said you couldn't :)

The reason I ask is that if you have a .ie domain, there is no need to host your site in Ireland as Google knows (thinks) your site is Irish focused due to the CCTLD.

If the site is a .com, hosted in the US and has no geographic preference set in WMT, then yes, he should host the site in Ireland. Although, recently, the WMT preference has shown to be enough in a lot of cases.

OP, you don't even need to reply now :)

hosting365

You can host it anywhere, and a .ie will cover most seo bases, the main difference will be availability and accessibility of support / help / customer care and the additional 80-150ms 'lag' depending on where in the states you are hosted, and the quality of their links

indy0077

You can host it anywhere, and a .ie will cover most seo bases, the main difference will be availability and accessibility of support / help / customer care and the additional 80-150ms 'lag' depending on where in the states you are hosted, and the quality of their links
Agree, there is nothing else except the ping time IE - US - IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.