Advice about my domain name... did I lose it? Can a registrar take over a domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

nearlythere

I hope someone can help...

I have been using a domain name since 2001. OK, I don't do a heckuvalot with it, but it's my name online, etc, and I had files hosted there. I registered the domain in 2002 to last for 9 years... but now it appears I have lost the domain...

nearlythere - website of heather james

How did I lose it? My old US billing address still shows up on the info, but all the domain contact info is Namesco... and they registered it until 2017...

I go to Register365 (it was originally with Hosting365) - and I see that I can't login to the control panel, so I can login to the old cp.hosting365.ie control panel, but I have no control over the domain.

Any advice?

Granted, I was busy this summer, travelling, wedding, etc, so I did notice when my old email address @nearlythere.com stopped working, but I thought oh, i'll deal with it later. I mean I knew I had it registered for a long time... so I am confused.

How can they take over the domain name?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like they've just put themselves in as the admin contact, but they are not the registrant. The WHOIS data for the registrant does not look compliant with ICANN policy:

Registrant Contact:
Yes
Yes Yes ()

Fax:
56 Cartron Bay
Sligo, Sligo none
IE

In any case - the domain is still pointing to your site, so I'd recommend contacting them and seeing about getting the domain details updated properly ..

Status
Not open for further replies.