Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbadcon

Hi folks,

Im wondering if I could pick your brains to see if im on the right track with the SEO on my site...

www . lostandfoundpetsca .com

I have recently done the following...

1. Looked up keywords with low competition and tried to put them in my site on various pages.

2. Changed my page titles to include these keywords

3. Used redirection to allow pages with query strings to be indexed.

4. Created a facebook page for my site and posted a few links on similar facebook pages.

Now the idea behind the site is that the content is generated by the users ( by posting lost pets).

The problem with this is that these pages are not very content rich as they only show the details logged on each animal.

Also I have created the site in such a way that the user must register first before posting. Do you think this is putting people off..

Im thinking of maybe creating short videos of each lost pet and uploading them to youtube with links to my site. Is this a good idea?

Any advice would be appreciated..

thanks in advance

bigbadcon

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
How long has the site been established?

I wouldn't open it up too widely for submission as you'd get spammed to death

bigbadcon

The site is up about a year I think but i have only started giving it attention recently.

These are some of the keywords im trying to use.

lost dogs ca - 720 monthly with no competition
lost dog ca - 1000 monthly with little or no competition
lost pets los angeles - 1000 monthly with no competition
found pets los angeles - 1000 monthly with no competition
lost found pets - 60500 with not a lot of competition (kinda weird phrase though)
found lost pets - 60500 with a very little competition (kinda weird phrase though)
found and lost pets - 27100 with very little competition

I got these stats from the adwords keyword tool in the USA region

Im not going for the obvious keywords as there is too much competition..

When you say "spammed to death"...
The fields people can enter when they are puttin up a listing are very limited so im hoping that wont be a problem.

God id almost like to be spammed to death just to get some traffic :)

Most of the changes I mentioned above have only just been put in so im not expecting to see any changes just yet..

joker

so what is your goal now?

I think you should now need to get a good rankings on search engines in order to get more visitors in your site on your selected keyword. If that so, you may now start creating of links to increase your popularity.

bigbadcon

Hi Joker,

Yeah my main goal is definitely traffic.

Im wondering if the things I suggested above are the right way to go about things?

I have noticed these keywords bringing me a little bit more traffic but nothing significant.

Is the way I analysed the keywords to use correct?

Do you think my keyword set up is ok and I need to spend concentrating on link building?

thanks for your help

joker

1. Looked up keywords with low competition and tried to put them in my site on various pages.

2. Changed my page titles to include these keywords

you are maybe right to choose a low competition keywords because it is easily to optimize but make sure it is also having a good search volume, you don't want your keywords getting only few search, right?

You can also use a high competition keywords, after all, all you need is consistency on your link building because it can hard.

To get traffic, you can start your link building with social bookmarkings. Submit your site to Digg, Delicious, StumbleUpon, etc.. the more can be better.

bigbadcon

Was just reading up on RSS feeds there to increase traffic.

Would it be a good idea to create an RSS feed that is updated whenever a new pet has been posted to the site?

Do people show your own RSS on their own site or just have the feed there and submit it to feedburner?

thanks for the help

joker

yes, RSS feed can really help you gain traffic. It is technology that compacts your content into a stream of code that can be broadcast over the internet. These broadcasts, called feeds, are distributed to subscribers and the content is displayed using platforms called feed readers. Webmasters, bloggers, and just about everyone online has access to free feed readers such as the one on Google.com/reader. The readers collect your subscriptions and allow you to pick and choose which content you want to read. Some display just the headline, some include a summary, and others display the full content.

source: How To Use RSS Feeds To Get More Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.