An educational website for secondary school students - StudyNotes.ie

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielPaul

I am a 6th year student gifted in computer skills & programming. I developed StudyNotes.ie, an educational website for secondary school students.

During my last summer holidays I invested my time in building this educational website where revison notes, course related videos and other useful resources can be found. The site also features a new easy to use forum which I hope will become an online hub for students to get support and help from other students and teachers.

Unlike other sites dedicated in bringing content to secondary school students, StudyNotes.ie will always be free of charge and open to everyone.

What do you think of the site? Any feedbacks? :)

link8r

Well done - that's a nice site. I like the blackboard, logo and also your vCard/Designer Tags!

I see you're going for AdSense - I hope you get some good conversions / click-throughs as the volume quite often needs to be high!

I'm sure it will act as a good reference site for you too.

How long did it take to do / long is it live?

paul

Ninja
The problem is with a site like this, you need experts to post their content, not students. You should have a section on the site as to where the content comes from, i.e. who wrote it, what level they are, etc.

DanielPaul

Thanks @link8r, glad you like the site.

The site has been live since last september, but it has evolved a lot in the last few months. It took me around a week and a bit to get the basic functionality and the design of the site working. Then it was just adding more revision notes and other content on the site.

link8r

Neat. I guess sometimes having a student explain things from their pov helps too.

I have to study things backwards (not sure if that makes sense). So I only learnt when a teach went back over solution, everything going forward just passed me by, so having someone to ask helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.