Anyone familair with integrating Realex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedCardinal

Probably just me, but I'm finding the Realex documentation to be absolute cac.

They give no information about setting up the test cases (they give you some test case responses...). Some support fella in there told me I had to append the word test to the merchant name. Is there any mention of that in the documentation?

Anyone have experience with them, and are they any good?

Rgds and thanks
Richard

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Realex are very good

What are you trying to do? remote or the xml ?

louie

when first used Realex, I had problems myself, that was 2 - 3 years ago.
Last year we changed to 3DSecure, and man was it a pain in the neck?
Theor technical support is down to the ground, no help whatsoever, kept saying that is my fault somwhere in the code, and after a lot of work to discover that the response from them had a space in it which made the code break apart. Got it sorted in the end doing the trimming on my side, but I never got an appology from them.

RedCardinal

Realex are very good

What are you trying to do? remote or the xml ?
Remote and XML :) Not doing the hosted.

Mucking around it seems to be fairly straightforward. But their documentation is absolute crap IMO. They laughed last week when I told how ****e their website was. They laughed even more when I asked how many years old it was - the thing is 1yo.

I dare anyone to go to their site and find out how to log into the resource area.

davidbehan

I've integrated the redirect and remote versions many times over. I suppose the first time, it was a bit tricky to work out what was happening but got the hang of it fairly quick nonetheless.

It's been awhile since I did an integration but AFAIK the api hasn't changed so I'd just have to flick through the manual again. I presume you are working off their supplied sample code? Let me know what problems you are having and I might be able to help?

Rgds, Dave

ajh

The Realex documentation is very poor and in certain places incorrect. For example, some of the XML spec in reality contradicts the documentation.

But I did find the support good, especially a person called Anne Kehoe.

However, we switched from using hosted WorldPay to remote Realex and it is worth the pain. People are able to pay for stuff in about a third of the time as previous. That probably says more about the hard it is to use hosted Worldpay though for end users.

Status
Not open for further replies.