Anyone noticed a massive surge in impressions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Rico

A couple of my clients accounts have had a massive increase in impressions made since last Friday. They are in different work sectors so I don't think it's anything to do with trends. They were getting on average about 500 impressions a day and now it's ten times that. They are targeting Ireland only. And no changes had been made to the campaigns to cause it.
Anyone else had something similar?

paul

Ninja
So your CTR is going down ten fold over night ? Seems a little iffy. What network ? Google AdWords ?

MickyWall

maybe you have a few new competitors that are running searches and skewing your results or someone doing alot of research.

Uncle Rico

It's Google Adwords.

If it was only one client in one business sector then it could be a number of different factors but the fact that it's across a number of different business sectors it seems a bit strange. I thought it could be something to do with expanded broad match. I tried to get info off the search query report but the 'other unique query' status shows for the majority of the keywords and this is of no help really.

stumpy

A couple of my clients accounts have had a massive increase in impressions made since last Friday. They are in different work sectors so I don't think it's anything to do with trends. They were getting on average about 500 impressions a day and now it's ten times that. They are targeting Ireland only. And no changes had been made to the campaigns to cause it.
Anyone else had something similar?

Grisoft AVG 8.0 LinkScanner ? Grisoft bough out EPL's LinkScanner a while back and have added it to the new release of AVG 8.0 and it's on by default. Basically what it does it simple yet stupid When an AVG 8.0 user does a search on Google it prefetches every (yes every) tl link returned on the Google result page and scans it for malware. It makes log file analysis redundent unless you weed it out. Have a look in your logs for user agent AVG 8.0 using LinkScanner: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1;1813) LinkScanner: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) and if you find either you might want to set up RewriteEngine on RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ;1813\)$ RewriteRule ^.*$ "h/\p://\w.grisoft.com/ [R,L] or R=301 *wink*

rrjnsy89

Grisoft AVG 8.0 LinkScanner ? Grisoft bough out EPL's LinkScanner a while back and have added it to the new release of AVG 8.0 and it's on by default. Basically what it does it simple yet stupid When an AVG 8.0 user does a search on Google it prefetches every (yes every) tl link returned on the Google result page and scans it for malware. It makes log file analysis redundent unless you weed it out. Have a look in your logs for user agent AVG 8.0 using LinkScanner: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1;1813) LinkScanner: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) and if you find either you might want to set up RewriteEngine on RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ;1813)$ RewriteRule ^.*$ "h/p://w.grisoft.com/ [R,L] or R=301 *wink*

What?? I’m sorry I’m really a newbie on this PPC stuff, but what you’re saying is that AVG’s link scanner is actually causing the increased impressions?

Status
Not open for further replies.