Status
Not open for further replies.

figment

Is anyone using Google Checkout? Or seen a good implementation of it?
The free adwords in return for use looks very attractive and i am currently considering it for a project.

Gavin

Has that been released yet internationally or is it still the U.S. only? I wouldnt mind trying it over PayPal.

figment

Sorry, you are right.

[SIZE=-0] Which countries does Google Checkout support? [/SIZE]

Google Checkout merchants must have a U.S. bank account and address, plus either of the following:
  • A Social Security number and a valid credit card.
  • A Federal Tax ID/Employer Identification Number (EIN).
Google Checkout merchants can ship goods inside and outside the United States. U.S. buyers and buyers in a limited number of countries outside the United States can sign up for the service and make purchases (in U.S. dollars) through Google Checkout.
We're working toward making Google Checkout more widely available in the near future. At this time, however, we cannot provide any details regarding when Google Checkout will be available in specific countries.

Gavin

I think its a pity it is US only, for now. Something tells me they would be more reliable than whats on offer from anyone else.

Have you used it all figment?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I think its a pity it is US only, for now. Something tells me they would be more reliable than whats on offer from anyone else.

Based on their past performance with services like Urchin I wouldn't be so confident

Gavin

Wow you really dislike their service.

I can see the point you are coming from with using it for business purposes but what also stood out was your customer service comment:

yet they are incapable of providing basic customer service…

Something that Google still havent grasped, well unless your spending thousands on Adwords then you might get landed with a good rep.

Customer service is always the top 5 things I look at when it comes to service and is one of the main reasons why I want to test something other than Paypal. I dont have an issue with using Paypal but their support is another story.

Maybe I'll think twice in online banking with Google if their customer service remains the same, either non-existent or their support contradicting one another.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Their customer service is crap. They don't even know how to manage their CRM properly.

I got called by them a few weeks ago asking if we'd be interested in advertising with them using adwords. Like DOH! We're spending a high 3 figure sum with them every month and have been doing so for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.