Apple iPhone Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormac

For anyone who hasn't seen them..Apple iPhone Ads
I'm very impressed with the ads. Very simple and informative. They look the part.

Anyone here thinking of getting one?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I thought they'd signed some crazy contract restricting them to only one network, which isn't available in this country?

Cormac

That would be crazy. They probably singed a contract like that in the States as it sounds like something they would implement over there, but I haven't heard of anything like that for Europe.

jennyrusks

Yes, the ad is excellent and I love the look of the whole thing. I've never had any interest in mobile phones before, I've always had the crappiest phone and use it till it falls apart, I only need it to ring and send texts but I'm looking at this ad thinking "ooooh, I'd like one of those".

Having said that I probably won't get one until they are available as a free upgrade on Meteor - somewhere around 2015, I reckon.

Jennifer

Learn Photoshop With Digital Design Cottage

daviddoran

The phone comes with a contract with Cingular because some of the features such as Visual Voicemail need the cooperation of the network aswell as the software on the phone.

Still, it's pretty interesting.

kjt

Wow their great ads. As much as I hate most things Apple (especially ipods) I'd be a little interested in getting one of these.

Redfly

The US mobile space is a LOT different than it is over here. It is (Almost) impossible to just go into a store and pick up a "ready to go" type phone over there. Everything is contract.

Also, the iPhone has no SIM card and no way to put one in. I think there will be a different version for Europe and I don't think we will see it until at LEAST 2008.

ButtermilkJack

There are suggestions that it will be restricted to just one network in Europe also. At this time it is looking like vodafone as they have the largest customer base at around 200m.

Also, one thing to note is that the iPhone is not set-up to use the 3G network which we are currently on here. This is due (I think?) to the fact that the US is far behind in the mobile phone market and 3G is not in use.

All in all, great ads, great phone, but I'll be waiting until it can actually work for me over here ;)

EDIT: Here's an interesting update!

rsynnott

Also, one thing to note is that the iPhone is not set-up to use the 3G network which we are currently on here. This is due (I think?) to the fact that the US is far behind in the mobile phone market and 3G is not in use.

This, and power issues; 3G hardware tends to use more energy. It does, however, support EDGE (the faster GPRS; not supported by all networks here, but O2 at least does). Probably have to wait for the second version for 3G.

Status
Not open for further replies.