Are Irish companies using Affiliate programs at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiiper

Hi All - this is my virgin post here.

Two years ago I built an Irish shopping site to fill with Affiliate programs in all sorts of retail categories - see the skeleton of it at irish-deals . com But it was a waste of time - silly me :rolleyes: didn't realise that few Irish businesses had programs and there were no Irish affiliate management companies so I had nothing to put in it. I forgot all about it and am only now looking at it again.

Revisiting it now, I wonder if the market has changed. Have more Irish companies developed affiliate programs? Is there now an Irish affiliate manager?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Mike

Cormac

Do the affiliate programs need to be run by Irish companies or can they be from companies that serve the Irish public?

If it's the latter then are loads of decent affiliate programs from the UK that deliver to Ireland.

swiiper

Hi Cormack
When I last looked at it - couple of years ago - that wasn't the case at all. Sure the Apples and Dells od this world were doing stuff but n no way could you fill a 'shopping centre' type site. For example, the site I menioned has 12 broad categories, Automotive, Entertainment, Computing etc etc and each category has about 5 sub categories. I couldn't have filled 5% of that with Irish or companies serving the Irish market with affiliate programs a couple of years ago.

I'm just trying to save myself the pain of doing the leg work if anyone has recently trawled through the programs relevant to Ireland.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
While you will find plenty of UK merchants that sell into Ireland the number of Irish ones or ones pricing in Euro is still a bit on the low side. It has improved a lot over the last 18 months or so, but it's still not quite there.

Best thing to do would be to have a look at Tradedoubler and Webgains and maybe buy.at, as they seem to be the three biggest serving the Irish market

peter airey

Hi Mike,

I manage the Viking Direct affiliate program in Ireland and the U.K. Viking Currently a wide variety of office stationery to gifts and gadgets.

if you wood like more information please contact me.

Regards
Peter

sparky

Peter

I have a few questions on the Viking Ireland programme. Please PM me or e-mail webmaster at navito.co.uk.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.