Basing trends, etc on UK figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOH

Basing trends, etc for Irish site on UK figures

(not sure if this is the best forum - please move if there's a more appropriate one)

I'm trying to get figures for a potential travel-related website, such as search trends, relative keyword search volumes, etc.

The site would be solely targeting Ireland, but the overall search volumes in the particular market, for Irish users only, are too low to get google trend figures. I'm also comparing keywords with the google adwords sktool, and I suspect that the low volumes are skewing the results there too.

Given that the language used would be largely the same, I'm thinking of checking the UK figures instead, where there's obviously going to be far more data available. I'm looking for relative figures rather than absolutes - where the trend peaks are and how high the peaks are relative to the rest of the year; and how many searches there are for keyword option A versus option B.

Do you think there's any validity in looking at the UK figures, or would they be completely irrelevant.

What do people usually do if they're targeting Ireland but there's not enough data to get decent comparitive figures?

Status
Not open for further replies.