Best Ad Positioning / Sizes on Blogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm currently playing with the layout on a couple of blogs, so I'm rejigging the placement of adsense.

What positions and sizes have worked well for you all?

paul

Ninja
The 300 x 250 ad is my favourite. For your blog michele Michele Neylon :: Pensieri

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for taking the time to do the mockup

Does that positioning give you a better click through rate?

paul

Ninja
You're welcome, above the fold is key. The thing is you need to tweak it until it works for you, and you get a decent CTR. There is no reason you shouldn't be getting 4-5% CTR.
For the single page I would something like

But again it's all about testing and testing, and then some. You could also put something at the end of the page or just before the comments start too. Either a banner or 1/2 banner.

paul

Ninja
The CTR ? I just mentioned a figure that you should be reaching, not actually discussing actual CTR. Or do you mean ad placement ?

louie

Paul idea is good and the ad size is very promising, but i will use the left float position instead of right, as it has more focus, and make sure is below the TITLE of the article, so it has some text to be filtered on.

paul

Ninja
Paul idea is good and the ad size is very promising, but i will use the left float position instead of right, as it has more focus, and make sure is below the TITLE of the article, so it has some text to be filtered on.
you can use
Code:
<!-- google adsection start -->
content
<!-- google adsection end -->
to get google to focus more on specific parts of your page.

Status
Not open for further replies.