Best Wireless Provider in Ireland / Dublin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gav240z

Hi Everyone,
Just canceled Irish Broadband, over it.

I am wondering what provider you use at home?

I am looking for a service that

- Provides wireless usb modem (so I can take my laptop out of the apartment).
- Something with decent bandwidth each month
- Something not too expensive €30 p/month max
- 1 year contract at most.

What do you recommend?

gav240z

I want wireless so I can take my laptop down to St Stephens Green or the local cafe or park etc.. I like doing web / dev / design, but its nice to get out of my apartment sometimes and currently I am limited to the same spot on my laptop at home because Irish Broadband is wireless but has a cable going into the PC.

I like the usb wireless option because I can make my PC portable.

I am more confused now though by the website you provided. Seems everyone is upset at someone.
3, o2, vodafone, clearWire - maybe its due to are you live in.

I'm in Dublin 6, if it helps.

Merrill

Hi
I have mobile broadband with Three (this offer 3 Ireland - Mobile broadband,USB, 3G high speed broadband on the move.) and to give you an idea of the speed, I can play a Youtube video (which was almost impossible with Irish Broadband) but never without it stopping several time in the process. (This is in Dublin 3)
Also, if you think of only relying on it and have to use internet quite a lot for you job, your could end up with a hefty bill. It is only limited to 10GB and after that you will be charge extra.
So do not think of using it for downloading films...

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
I've heard a lot more bad things about three than about any of the others.

I'm actually with O2 and they are for the most part quite decent. Peak times you can notice low signals / speeds. That said I'm with NTL so don't use o2 that much.

gav240z

thanks guys, I've got 3 at the moment but its a 14 day try and see.

I've heard good things from a few friends about O2 so probably gonna take 3 modem back and go with O2 instead.

Forbairt did you get the standard O2 modem (white) or the higher speed (black) one?

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
its the black one ... didn't actually know there was a difference ... haven't actually turned it on in a month I think ... its my emergency work related backup and for travel

Status
Not open for further replies.