Status
Not open for further replies.

Dublin Domainer

Being compared to a bunch of childish, moronic, 'do anything for 15mins of fame' idiots will always be insulting.

I don't recall doing any such thing.

And I don't need to have a spotlight on me to realise how unique I am.

It's not about you (meaning any of the housemates) realising how unique you are, but about others realising it.

Anyway, I've ranted enough. And really I can't talk about TV taste as I'm a CSI fan and I'm sure many people see that as stupid too.

Yes, it was a bit of a rant. But don't worry, I half-expected it. I guess I hoped I might find a fan lurking in the threads somewhere, but it's interesting that at least one domainer feels the same about Big Bro as other groups of people. :)

I don't think either Big Bro or CSI is stupid. Anyone who looks down on someone else's taste in anything is stupid, though, IMO. I accept that's not you, of course. :)

n3tFl0w

I don't recall doing any such thing.
maybe i read into it to much but saying that it was a reflection on human nature was really what got to me. I don't belive this is true.

It's not about you (meaning any of the housemates) realising how unique you are, but about others realising it.
But people are already unique. and most people realise that already. the people that suddenly sit up and take notice of someone just because they are on TV are the wrong type of people to be trying to get the attention of, IMO.

Anyone who looks down on someone else's taste in anything is stupid, though, IMO. I accept that's not you, of course. :)
I don't look down on your taste... I merely disagree with it and am hoping to show you the error of your ways... :)

Dublin Domainer

Well, human nature is very wide-ranging. Just because I feel that a reality show says a lot about it doesn't mean it takes in you or your friends. But for me it does represent a microcosm of reality as experienced over the past 60 years.

Yes, everyone is unique. But viewers can't take notice of someone they don't know, so it's illogical to say that by watching a show they are 'suddenly [taking] notice of someone just because they are on TV . . .]

As to 'hoping to show [me] the error of [my]ways,' well, why not? But I don't think you can disagree with taste, only differ from it. The only thing wrong with my taste as regards this argument is that it isn't yours.

However, I must say that I am very pleased that my original comment roused such a healthy and enjoyable debate. :)

Fintan

some sort of website where you can see men and women have sex? The person who invents that website will be a millionaire :)

Status
Not open for further replies.