Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

it could be both, but i doubt that so i'll go for the frst one.

cressa

its bad design i reckon through poor css..

viewing the site in firefox displays the site with a grey background, providing enough contrast for the white text.

some people now foolishly develop and test only using firefox and assume that it'll look identical in IE.

jmcc

The text is white on grey with Firefox but white on a striped background with IE7. Perhaps it was designed and tested only with Firefox.

Regards...jmcc

A

Alan

The text is white on grey with Firefox but white on a striped background with IE7. Perhaps it was designed and tested only with Firefox.

Regards...jmcc

Looks like thats it, looks fine in FF, although a web design company that doesn't test it's own site on IE....strange one

raul

I'm not very good at this but if looks fine in FF does it mean that Google doesn't penalise it for "hidden text" ( hidden in IE ) ?

New way of " black hat "?...hmmm!?

MickyWall

Considering there's a largish gap between the primary footer and the subsequent text I'd say it's spam and the text isn't intended for the user.

n3tFl0w

More to the point... on a professional website, when you see sentences like this
We specializes in helping website's succeed.
It really wants to make me cry. Proof Read your f*%$ing website!

Black hat or bad design, its just plain stupid. What a waste of a good domain name. Idiots like these give the rest of us a bad name.

link8r

It's blackhat but it's not even smart blackhat. Blackhatters tend to be ahead of the market, these guys are just leeches. They've copied the worst ideas and implemented them badly.

They really get SEO:

AltaVista, LookSmart etc.and make it popular by registering it with leading link exchange programs, banner exchange programs

Banner exchange programs? Google doesn't recommend this but they claim to be "ethical".

Why do so many pages re-direct to "Securepay.net" ?

Byron

Hmm,
No offence to them, but it really seems like they set up a business without knowing ANYTHING about what they were selling, at least I still tell people, I'm learning, but I know the right people!

We should really set up a virtual craft union / directory website for people we would actually use. I could see benefits and problems. It could be based on a kudos system, with only registered professionals being able to vote for their best suppliers, etc, so therefore the best would be on the top of a listing. Maybe I'm just coming up with another unprofitable idea! :(

link8r

Wait for him to find twitter, setup a blog and change his sig to "Soc Media and Online Marketing Expert/Ninja/Guru/Ass-Kicker/Samurai/Warrior/Wank-Stainer"

Byron

Wait for him to find twitter, setup a blog and change his sig to "Soc Media and Online Marketing Expert/Ninja/Guru/Ass-Kicker/Samurai/Warrior/Wank-Stainer"

Jasus.... I was hoping to use that :D

Alhazred De Sane

More to the point... on a professional website, when you see sentences like this
It really wants to make me cry. Proof Read your f*% website!

Black hat or bad design, its just plain stupid. What a waste of a good domain name. Idiots like these give the rest of us a bad name.

My favourite bit is "Following the ethical website marketing strategies, we market you website"....

Ethical use of hidden text? New one on me.

Hsekhar

That could just be the fault of poor design, it must have been coded by a poor coder.

BTW, What area are you talking about? It all looks fine to me.

Alhazred De Sane

Then, and I'm not having a dig at you, it's unlikely that English is your first language. The spelling and grammar is atrocious, a ten year old here could take that and make the corrections.

Also, I clicked one of the links from the final piece of text at the bottom of the page: http://www.itexpert.ie/website-design-maynooth-ireland/website-packages.html

Seriously, would anyone hire someone to do their web design who had a page like that as part of their site?

Status
Not open for further replies.