Status
Not open for further replies.

lix1

Hi,

Is it possible for a site to be listed on yahoo and altavista but blacklisted from google and msn. Its live for about 5 months but not showing up in google at all under the business name. its top on altavista and yahoo!!

kieran

paul

Ninja
try looking at google webmaster console and checking the info there, also you can request a re-inclusion which can take a few weeks, but should work too.

lix1

Easy. Do you recall doing anything "wrong" !!!?
I dont recall doing anything wrong-they just asked me to get something up so i did. the word fabrications is used a lot though (in the domain, title, body etc) as its part of the business name-could that be it?

louie

you haven't got any pages in Google yet. It doesn't look like you are blacklisted.
The question is - does the website has any incoming links?

If not to get into Google create a sitemap (xml), create a Google webmaster account and submit it there.
Wait few days, 1-2 weeks and then check it out again.

BTW, you need to fix few html error (about 19) on the home page.

Another hint is: the main links are images, so ad them in text format at the bottom of the page(footer).

Ad Terms and Privacy pages as well, plus business details.

louie

.. and you just got a link from here. Add you link to your signature as well.
This forum gets spidered very often and it will help a bit.

lix1

thanks for the advice louie. i will start building a few links and see what happens. i had a look at th site map thing on google and they started going on about scripting and python etc...i think it will take me a while to figure that stuff out.
when you say "business details" what do you mean?

RedCardinal

Hi,

Is it possible for a site to be listed on yahoo and altavista but blacklisted from google and msn. Its live for about 5 months but not showing up in google at all under the business name. its top on altavista and yahoo!!

kieran
Get some links and you should be fine. That would *appear* to be the issue.

louie

when you say "business details" what do you mean?
Business reg. no, address, contact details.
The images you have at the top can be easily converted to css style and have the same effect and functionality, but better regarding SE.
Also you a missing title tag (part of the a href) and alt tags (part of the img src)

lix1

ok, sounds like i have a bit of work to do for these...i better get busy. thanks for the help!!

caminowebmaster

if you don't know much about this don't go anywhere near google sitemaps - just take the last advice and get a few links - go here and start aboutus.org a very easy one to start - then find out how to link build - or pay someone to do it, there are loads of guys here that are well able.

However as previously stated the site is not optimised well for any search results - or do they not care about getting business via the web?

lix1

if you don't know much about this don't go anywhere near google sitemaps - just take the last advice and get a few links - go here and start aboutus.org a very easy one to start - then find out how to link build - or pay someone to do it, there are loads of guys here that are well able.

However as previously stated the site is not optimised well for any search results - or do they not care about getting business via the web?

they dont really care about getting business from the web-they just wanted to "get something up there". im trying to generate a few enquiries for them so they can see that it actually works. hopefully then they will then put a bit more time and effort into it because its a pretty awful site at the moment

louie

Typical Irish business. No hope.
just because they don't use internet or computers, it doesn't mean nobody does...

Status
Not open for further replies.