Blogging for profit, Recommend Book & Course for Beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gman290

Hi

Can anyone recommend to me, any good books or even courses (dvds, mannual, CD etc) that I could get on Blogging for Profit.

As in using Blogs to promote your small business. or i am also writing an E Book on self defence soon, as teach self defence, so I wanted to get a blog going in the mean time, to build it up on the net. (I know this can take time)

I am not technical at all, so if anyone can recommend any books or course etc, to help me learn and get an understanding of setting up a Blog for Business reasons, sell e book, in time link and be affliate seller for other etc.

Please post your ideas.

Thanks

Gerry

louie

That's a good article. The fella made or is still making money from that, but that was in 2004 when he started. No many blogs out there at that time, when now, my god, everyone is blogging. Some do it for fun, some feels the need to get it out in the open, some to help others and some for the money, but is not that easy.
You know the saying: "build it and they will come"?
On the internet it doesn't work that way. It's not enough to have a great full of useful staff website if nobody knows about it.
There is a lot of work involved like:
knowing what you are doing
know a bit of html to make small changes to the layout
nice graphics not the standard ones, making it stand out from the crowd
ideas, lots...
capability of writing and putting those ideas into words.
and much more.

Gman290

Thanks lads, there is some great resources there.

I bookmarked them, and had a quick read of some, the big long one How to make money from your blog is very interesting.

I expected this, that building up successful blog, that can become popular, and then set up technically correctly, and with great content, and affilates etc, like any business, can take a long long time to even make small money. As in put in the work, and keep putting it in, for a long time.

Gman290

yes, I got someone who is techie (I am not) to configure it for me, so I should be getting the ball rolling.

I know its going to be a long process, and hey if it makes, some pocket money well thats good. See I love BS'ing on forums about my hobbies, waste hours on martial arts forums for example.... so I might as will be BS'ing on a properly configured blog with SEO, ad scense, and in time affilates, and making a few cents from it. and maybe it wil make nothing, but its worth the try!

I post progress in a few weeks, if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.