Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

Is it just me or this website is very slow.
It's very annoying to wait so long for a page to load.
I know is a popular forum but is there anything they can do to make it faster.

ph3n0m

yes, there is something they can do - a good database pruning is in order

gary.b

Yeah - that site is painful to browse.

imho - they have too many boards and sub forums and "stuff" going on. A good streamline is overdue. Maybe even a "lighter" forum skin to speed downloads up a bit.

Speaking of forum skins: any chance we can get a new forum skin for this place ? the one we have now is fine - but it could be better.

wheres me jumpa

I thought today it was incredibly slow, I had a PM which I replied to. Opening my inbox, reading the message and replying seemed to take an eternity.

ziycon

Boards.ie i find always slow and in the early hours of the morning it doesn't work for a few hours, prob. due to maintance but its annoying!

gary.b

Eh.. i'll do it for free.

Just give me an admin account so i can hax templates in or something. Or.. if i can "find" vBulletin and mess about with the skins i won't need that.

*Gets to work*

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the offer.

I think I'll do like I did with the logo and throw it open to all members ...

Otherwise I'll have them all whining and saying that they could have done a better job :D

louie

Skinning this forum is not going to be an easy job. If you just want to colours of the tables change to a more "your taste" yes it will be easy by altering the CSS file, otherwise is going to be a tough job as it has to be consistent with updates, extra installation of mods, etc...

D

Deleted member 444

Yes, a new skin/theme would be nice... can't stand this default one.

Status
Not open for further replies.