Bussiness licence for ecommerce store

Status
Not open for further replies.

moik

I am planning to open dropshipping ecommerce store and I know that I need business licence. Can you give me more information where to look, how much it will cost, etc...
Thanks in advance!

moik

I am living in ireland and working here nearly 6years but I am from Latvia. So I have a plan maybe to start my own ecommerce shop and actually I don't know what I need to start my own thing, I am tired to work for somebody als all the time and wake up every morning 6am :).
Maybe you have any suggestions about business license?

raul

Moik,
Don't get me wrong but please think twice. Working for yourself you'll have to wake up at 4 AM ( after going to bed only 2-3 hours earlier ) especially if you have no ideea ( quote : "and actually I don't know what I need to start my own thing" ) what you're doing.

moik

Ok, lets say, I understand what you are saying, I know what expecting me,work, work and one more time work...but at least you know that it is your thing, not working as a cleaner on daily basis...
What I want to know is about business license for ecommerce shop, probably this shop will work worldwide, I have to know what licences do I need???

moik

by the way Raul, I am working in the place inside and idiots outside :), you understand me, your avatar is the place where I am working, so it is nothing much to be proud of

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
You don't need a special license really ..

You probably would need to get a registered business name from the CRO (CRO - Home - The Companies Registration Office Ireland)

If you're going to be earning enough to earn a proper living you'll probably need to get registered for VAT as well

Best idea would be to talk to an accountant, or maybe the local enterprise board (depending on where you're based)

raul

Moik,
as Blacknight said you don't really need a licence for that ( unless you want to sell wine or other alcohol related products I guess ). Still there are few other requirements you have to pay attention when trading online here - there's a good read for a start : NCA - Remote Selling ( look for " online selling " )

Registering a business name is easy - will cost you € 20.00 - and takes about 10 minutes ( and up to 5 weeks to receive de certificate ) . To do that just follow blacknight's link above.

P.S. Quote : "...is the place where I am working, so it is nothing much to be proud of " ? Every work ( job ) has its proudness - one just need time to discover its beauty .

Status
Not open for further replies.