Can anyone recommended a reliable ecommerce hosting site??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearC

I know this topic has been discussed before, but seeing as things change quite fast in this world I thought I'd ask again. I am setting up a business selling beauty supplies and the majority of this will be done online. I already have a site with wix.com but this is just for the beauty salon itself and there is no online shopping. I have had no problems with them so far but I am not really using the site for anything other than displaying info. I am reluctant to upgrade to their premium account offering ecommerce tools as from what I have read online it does not sound like the most reliable site.

Can anyone recommend a good site that is reliable and well priced?

THANKS

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a developer?

Have you got a merchant account?

BearC

I have a paypal account for an online shop I run on facebook which I could use. No I do not have a developer, I have a small amount of Java and C++ experience so I am looking to do it myself, ideally the site will have 24/7 support. I also have a couple of software developer friends who will be able to help me out.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Well most of the ecommerce scripts that are out there would support Paypal, though if you're doing any volumes you'd really need to get a merchant account, as the Paypal fees are murder.

As for the hosting - if you're using Paypal to handle the payments at the moment you probably won't need anything fancy. However once you start scaling up you would need to look at it more seriously

BearC

Thanks Blacknight, Could you recommend any particular sites? I would expect my transactions to be over 20k/year. Would it be worth my while to get a merchant account? (If so an recommendations?)

Thanks again, I might aswell take advantage of the experts here instead of shooting myself in the foot in the long run.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Blacknight, Could you recommend any particular sites? .
I can't give an objective answer to that for obvious reasons *cough*

I would expect my transactions to be over 20k/year. Would it be worth my while to get a merchant account? (If so an recommendations?)

Talk to your bank.
In basic terms you would need to get a merchant account and a gateway (we use Realex)
Thanks again, I might aswell take advantage of the experts here instead of shooting myself in the foot in the long run.

Well hopefully the members on here are able to share information and help each other - it's why I set the site up in the first place :)

Status
Not open for further replies.