Chasing down domain owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

figment

Any suggestions on tracking down the owner of a domain?
No reply to the email on the whois data. I will try the phone (to turkey) tomorrow but after that are there any options?
They are obviously a domain squatter so you would think they would check their email for possible buyers.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Have you checked to see if the domain is listed for sale anywhere?

figment

Michele you are brilliant. Found it. Now for the next problem. They want at least €1000 and sedo wont accept any lesser bids... I need to figure out if it is worth it.

seodave

can you explain the situation more? Is this domain your exact company name? 1000 is a lot of money for a domain.

seodave

future company name? so what happens in a years time when you find the .net or .co.uk registered? are you going to buy all the domain name out. Is this a .com?

figment

I am also thinking that michele. Its a lot when you dont have it but not a lot when added in to operating expenses of the business. Its a .com and it is all i need.

seodave

is it likely to be bought by someone else in the next while or it is very unique? You could let them know your not interested and see what happens over the next few months

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Afternic offer a service to help you get the domain you want .. it might be worth using that ..

If the domain is the key then €1000 is a drop in the ocean

figment

is it likely to be bought by someone else in the next while or it is very unique? You could let them know your not interested and see what happens over the next few months

It is unlikely to go soon however the problem is i cannot let the owner know i am not interested because the sedo.com interface wont let me bid less then €1000 and no other way to contact. Might just bite the bullit.

seodave

they must have seen ya coming, yeah sure if its really important and you can afford it go for it. It sucks you have to pay for that much for it but if its vital then go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.