CheapDublinHotels.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dara

Hi Folks,
am considering selling www.cheapdublinhotels.com if offers are decent. A great domain name, very well aged, easy to remember, a money spinner if in the right hands. Site is ancient as have done nothing with it in years and is hosted in US so will be VERY easy to rank with minimal effort if moved over the pond.

What you are buying if interested -is a top quality domain name with some half decent serps and oodles of potential. I'm not selling a site that makes loads of money -but one that could and should! Offers need to be realistic.... PM me if interested.

Dara

Some kind of ballpark figure would be helpful
Thinking somewhere between €2.5 and 5k but open to decent offers really. Its a cracking domain name so I feel its worth that ......

Might also consider a lesser fee based on a 50-50% split depending what another party could bring to the table with regards maximising revenue etc..

I would also consider a similar scenario for some other very nice domains I have. I simply have too many to manage and am focusing on other areas right now so happy to PM details of these if anyones interested.

paul

Ninja
Any revenue Dara ? For that price you would be looking at an expected revenue of around €250/month

Dara

Any revenue Dara ? For that price you would be looking at an expected revenue of around €250/month
Hey Paul,
no revenue of note for a variety of reasons really. Crap looking site, non white labelled out of date engine, no new content added in years, lack of very decent serps, lack of web 2.0 and many more... Better to talk a domain down than up and be honest IMO.

I assume by your post you mean for the valuation I am looking -the site needs now to be earning €250 monthly? Appreciate that in many cases people will value a site based on monthly or yearly revenue and do a multiple of this figure. However this is not always the case and valuation calculations can vary greatly. Google being the perfect example when they tried to sell to Yahoo-a million $ if I'm not mistaking and now rated as one of the top 10 worst business decisions ever made (by Yahoo obviously) when Google were making zilch.

What I am offering is not traffic or a guaranteed revenue but a very nicely aged domain, that should be easy to moneratize depending on approach taken, a domain that is easily remembered, has nice ring to it (especially in current economic climate) and that as an added bonus has a few semi decent serps which should be easily improved upon.

If it was making €250 a month I wouldn't sell for figures quoted nor do I think anyone with a business sense would. Do people use this term when searching Google-yup. Are companies willing to pay Google for adwords for this term-yup again. Will someone get rich from this site-nope. But with some foresight they could do nicely I think.

Personally I would target offering hotels in Dublin the option to post their last minute deals, special offers etc.. possibly for a monthly fee. The domain name will sell itself! Dublin was in 2007 the 4th most popular short break destination in Europe and with regards online searches as a city hotel destination is still way up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Award-winning Mac antivirus and Internet security software