Check how many sites link to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banana Man

Hi,

I'm often checking my own sites and competitors sites to see how many backlinks they have but its hard to get a good picture because often hundreds or even thousands are from the one site. Does anyone know of a tool that will only show what sites link to you as opposed to individual url's?

Thanks

3rigena

I presume you mean backlinks from Google Ronan? you know you aren't getting the lot from google - however It is sometimes useful to try a few queries using quoted keywords rather than the Site: operator (e.g search for "ps3.ie" rather than site:ps3.ie )

Another useful tool for dynamic BL alerts is google alerts.(good for stalking too I guess.. ) I used to use wholinkstome.com (or similar domain name- iirc - it's been a while) which did a nice search which seemed to list most ibls that I had in existence in the past. The crappy thing about Google is that you *know* it has indexed 10x the links to your site than it will show unless you have auth'd with google webmaster central.

someone will probably tell me now how to find the all the info in 1 go (fingers crossed:))

TopHatSolutions

I know excatly what you are looking for, SEO Elite one of my fav programs have a read about it very useful program [SIZE=-1]www.seoelite.com[/SIZE] if you have any more questions i would be glad to help you!!

3rigena

oh i think i have that lying somewhere if the original poster wants it. Used it about twice then it gathered dust.

paintballer.ie

the google webmasters tools can show you a lot of links to your site, how ever i am not sure as to how often it is updated. I have another site of mine link to one site... even though it the link was taken away 3 months earlier. Yahoo back links seems to be the best.

Gene2009

Hi.. this is a very good tool to check out backlinks.. All relevant info are shown.. You will see which posts have created successful backlinks and which are worthless because of no follow.. "seopro.com.au/free-seo-tools/link-checker".. I made use of backlink watch also but I wasn't able to see which posts really worked.. Don't worry, I won't get any credit for sharing the site.. I just want to share it..

Status
Not open for further replies.