Choosing the right Worpress Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebSpace1

Hello,

I am currently in the process of setting up an information based website. I have signed up with Bluhost and am trying to decide on a theme. I would prefer to use a free theme but if a paid one gives me many more options for developing the site later ( adding video / galleries etc.) I’d probably go with that if it’s not too expensive.
· How do the various free themes on Wordpress.org compare in terms of functionality ?

• · If I develop a site using one theme and change to another at a later date is transferring the content a major hassle or a smooth and easy process?

• · What are the limitations of free themes as compared with those you pay for and how much are these themes to buy?

• · I’m currently using the theme GamePress to try and get to grips with developing the site – how functional is this theme – can I change the colours /font / add video photos. Is it a theme which can be easily manipulated / changed?

Any information / advice really appreciated.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Most themes are display / presentation only, so switching themes won't impact your content. Just check to see if the theme relies on special codes etc.,

Status
Not open for further replies.