Competitor Analysis Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

gav240z

Hi Guys,
Just wondering if there are any reliable competitive analysis tools out there that will tell me the following:

1.) What keywords competitors are bidding on.
2.) How much they are spending on Adwords - TOTAL
3.) What traffic they are getting for said keywords.
4.) How much they are bidding for certain keywords.

I realise a couple of those might not be entirely possible.

I'm thinking of speaking with Hitwise, but if there are any others to try let me know.

Thanks alot.

Cheers,

blue4ever

I have had some 'limited' success using www.spyfu.com. As a free user you get limited results, but some of the results will gets the cogs going.

Only really works for the larget sites, but it can get you pointed in the right direction - good for keywords

AlexAcosta

Hi Guys,
Just wondering if there are any reliable competitive analysis tools out there that will tell me the following:

I'm thinking of speaking with Hitwise, but if there are any others to try let me know.

Thanks alot.

Cheers,

A reliable and trusted tool for what you need is pretty impossible. DOn't even understand why you need that. Focus on your OWN ppc campaign ;)

gav240z

A reliable and trusted tool for what you need is pretty impossible. DOn't even understand why you need that. Focus on your OWN ppc campaign ;)

I couldn't agree more mate. Unfortunately my last employer thought this was necessary to know. Let's just say I'm happy I've moved on to happier greener pastures :) yay!

link8r

And if anyone knows any tools for finding out:

5.) How many customers they have
6.) where else they get customers from
7.) how much they charged them
8.) how much profit they made

markostanley

I have to agree with the views about concentrating on your own stuff. Looking at competitor information is 1) unreliable and 2) probably not worth your time. Do the stuff that works for you - copying a competitor won't help much if they don't know what they are doing, and in lots of cases they don't!

Why mimic what competitor is doing when you don't understand their goals, what they are tracking, and what results they are generating?

+1 for 'do what works for you' :)

918pm

Track Your PPC Campaigns With Affiliate Prophet

Affiliate Prophet is a great testing and tracking tool that makes you spend less and make your campaigns profitable as quickly as possible.

Visit : www.elineone.com

There are many competitor analysis tools to understand the technique that your competitor uses get high ranking.One of the best competitor analysis is SEOProfiler. This helps to analyse the techniques that helps to understand the techniques used by competitors to get better rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.