Status
Not open for further replies.

vickis

Hello, My boss is keen for us to start using Google's content network for what we want to push most on our website. I know we can specify sort of what age group and what kind of sites we can use... but I was wondering do you need to turn the content network on in full before you can be more specific and face spending more when you first turn it on? Also, is it worth using the content network at all or is it more expense than its worth?

Thanks!!

Redfly

Hello, My boss is keen for us to start using Google's content network for what we want to push most on our website. I know we can specify sort of what age group and what kind of sites we can use... but I was wondering do you need to turn the content network on in full before you can be more specific and face spending more when you first turn it on? Also, is it worth using the content network at all or is it more expense than its worth?

Thanks!!

Hi Vikis, as with everything relating to AdWords, the answer is "It depends".

You don't need to turn the content network on "in full" at all. You can target specific SITES only if you want. These are called "placements". You can target these sites upon opening your account.

However, it might be better to run a small test campaign on a larger number of sites or across the whole network (keyword and geographic targeting obviously) to get a better idea of what content/pages/keywords/products convert best for you.

To be honest, I'd start out with the search network first to get the data that you need.

And yes, the content network can be VERY valuable if done right.

seodublin

The content network is good for developing brand recognition and can lead to sales. However I have found that clickthrough rate is lower than the search network using the same successfully tested ads. Again I suppose it depends on your strategy and what you hope to achieve.

My advice would be to create seperate search and content campaigns as this will allow you to Optimise your ad groups and ad text specifically for the content pages.
Target different audiences and use general keywords to strengthen the theme of your ad group so as to not affect your search performance.

sparky

I would say anecdotally that the Content Network will not convert as well as normal search. That said, I don't actually use PPC, so I guess this thought is based on people not trying to "tune" the Content Network properly. If you are careful in your use of the Content Network and look for the right opportunities, I expect it would work quite well.​

Rgds​

Status
Not open for further replies.