Status
Not open for further replies.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
2Advanced v5 - Attractor

These guys site and their work is absolutely jaw dropping

I have to agree ... 2advanced I first came across I think in 2001 and their work just blew my mind.

Gonna disagree here but I hated that site. Absolutely hated it.

Wow I find that strange ... I really do respect their work... for what it is ... interactive flash media.

I see they've now got links to actual parts of the flash as well.
2Advanced v5 - Attractor for example

From around 2001 as well I think lookandfeel new media used be my favourite example of flash animation ... no doubt people will disagree ... but I always enjoy watching it

n3tFl0w

Wow I find that strange ... I really do respect their work... for what it is ... interactive flash media.

Oh I respect it. It obviously took alot of work and the artwork is pretty cool - I like the look of it a lot. And I wouldn't be able to do it in a million years. As a website though I hated it - but that's just my opinion, as I tend to dislike complicated flash websites.

From around 2001 as well I think lookandfeel new media used be my favourite example of flash animation ... no doubt people will disagree ... but I always enjoy watching it

Its pretty cool to watch but I don't think it adds anything to the site. Still, its fun and you're right, enjoying to watch.

Toiletroll

Which sites??

Site 1 - Its 3 years old but I still think it looks fine, simple etc (With all the work I have on I dont have time to update it) :)

Site 2 - This is cool because its unique. Its not a standard run of the mill insurance site. It searches the web for brokers in your local area to find you the cheapest quote. It gives you a list of quotes from all available brokers in your local area. There are only 10 in there so far with the possibility of up to 900.

Site 3 - Still some work to be done design-wise here, especially with the slideshow. Though I think its got just the right feeling & colour scheme for a warm cosy fireplace store. All images will be clickable soon leading to detailed info page on each fireplace.

Most of all - They are all Irish :D

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
I'm afraid to say I'd see that as blatent self promotion ...

(that said I did get one of my sites as number one in there)

If everyone started getting their work sites ... customer sites included ... it'll lose any value at least in my opinion ... at the moment ... there are only a few in there but I find them quite cool ... it should be used for unique ... or semi unique sites that stand out a bit from the rest.

At least that would be my take on it all.

Toiletroll

I'm afraid to say I'd see that as blatent self promotion ...

(that said I did get one of my sites as number one in there)

If everyone started getting their work sites ... customer sites included ... it'll lose any value at least in my opinion ... at the moment ... there are only a few in there but I find them quite cool ... it should be used for unique ... or semi unique sites that stand out a bit from the rest.

At least that would be my take on it all.

Fair enough :)

n3tFl0w

While I agree that the self promotion aspect of Toiletroll's idea is bad. What about the general idea of having a submission section?

Blacknight... Surely you don't have time to go through the entire internet? :D

marosh

I like their work

2Advanced v5 - Attractor

These guys site and their work is absolutely jaw dropping

I have to agree the work they are delivering is excellent. It is eye-catching and still clean enough to navigate.

Maybe their own website is too wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.