Status
Not open for further replies.

Briask

I was going to be investing in the Adobe CS3 suite, web premium probably, this week but just noticed that CS4 is out soonish.

Should I go for CS3 now and update to CS4 after the first/second patch or just wait for CS4 to come out?

louie

Being an expensive product, I will wait for the CS4 unless the upgrades are Free.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Looks like it'll be announced on the 23rd when it'll be released ...

I think you've got to be within 1 or 2 months ? to be eligible for a free upgrade. Gut instinct would say ... hold off

Get a trial version for a month :D

nevf

Trial Version would be my top recommendation.

At least it'll give you more time to decide...

Briask

Trial version... well see, thats the problem. Been using it for the past few weeks, loving it, much prefer it to the alternatives. and trial period is due to run out...

Might just have to stick with Gimp and handcoding for a little longer.

Forbairt

get yourself a decent code editor for free :)

EEK gimp ... erm .. alternatives to gimp ... erm ... gimpshop ? for the moment ?

Forbairt

I'm curious, why EEK on Gimp? and being nosey... what do you use for creating your designs?

beer ... but sometimes cider ... coffee and red bull (though most of the times its kick) :D ... and coke of course

Using PS CS3 these days for most things.

Last place they wouldn't fork out for a good while for photoshop so I was using gimp ... and god I found it painful I'm sorry to say ... having used photoshop previous to that.

Spiralli

GIMP is the best freebie out there, but it can't really be expected to compete with photoshop. I used paint shop pro before photoshop, which was affordable, stable and had a pretty decent feature set.

Spiralli

If you can wait, I would, and who knows maybe they will reduce CS3 once CS4 pops out.

Have they done this before? I'd be happy enough to stay one generation behind if the price was right.

Also - what are the killer features for CS4 (specifically PS and DW)? I haven't heard much of a buzz yet, and I'm kind of afraid to check, because I know I'll see a "must have" feature :)

Forbairt

for photoshop ... it seems to mostly be enhancements ... nothing I'd go I've got to use this about ...

I've barely used vanishing point in the current version and that was one of the major additions :D

Forbairt

How are you getting on wsith PS CS3 Forbairt?

to be honest ... I'm really only using the tools I was using in CS :D

the majority of what I'm doing is removing artifacts from photos ... changing levels on images . and basic design work ... which at the end of the day doesn't require that many extra features unless you're doing some crazy ship ...

Gradients + Shapes + levels + pen tool ... and hey presto you have the majority of my PS CS3 work :D

I must admit it was interesting to be using it while in the photoshop lecture at the SOHO in new york :)

nevf

There's a book on Sitepoint that you can buy that teaches photoshop thats specifically aimed towards web design. I got a free pdf version, whent hey were being handed out for free, and I can give you a copy if you want, I just have to acknowledge where i got it, etc, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.