Currency Speculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsynnott

The dollar is very low right now. I'm wondering is there any realistic point holding payments until it improves :)

RedCardinal

The dollar is very low right now. I'm wondering is there any realistic point holding payments until it improves :)

Apart form the fact that my background is economics (which generally means I'm no better qualified than the taxi driver to offer advice on currency), I dont think the dollar is going to appreciate unless we have a major shock somewhere. Dual deficits dont make the dollar attractive and many central banks are diversifying their reserves away from $.

I think we will go well into the 1.30's in the coming months. Just an opinion (and I thought gold would head into the 700's - I still think it will next year) (hmm I also thought that Irish property would have corrected at some stage - but of course now it's just cry wolf :( ).

In fact you may as well flip a coin as listen to me :)

rsynnott

Hmm, yes, I don't think I'll actually do it. I'd be too annoyed if it went wrong. I was just alarmed to see the change in the last few months (on my credit card bill; domain renewals).

Status
Not open for further replies.