Debt Collection Agencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin

In what way? Using them or being chased? I have some good stories of being chased.

crazzy_webber

HI blacknight, I use this collection company based in naas called lcms - there website is lcms.ie.

There is a charge to be a member, they do door to door collection as well and affordable.

Hope this helps!

TheMenace

I run a collection and recovery agency. There is a difference in the service between the two. If you have a question I would be happy to help.

Is it true legislation is being brought in to allow you guys to kick people's doors down to recover a debt? Have any of your staff ever had the living snot beaten out of them? Just curious like...

skipzwolf

Is it true legislation is being brought in to allow you guys to kick people's doors down to recover a debt? Have any of your staff ever had the living snot beaten out of them? Just curious like...
Hahaha... brilliant. Yeah unfortunately, companies that seem to have adopted this approach, have given companies like us a bad name. Although we deal in collections, our main market is in debt recovery through the courts. Companies that take the approach you so brilliantly put it as "Kicking the doors in", in my eyes are not the sort of people you would want to do business with as it would harm your own business in the long run. You are best advised to read more into ANY debt recovery or collection agency that you plan to hire. Thanks for the post.

nevf

I'm just waiting and watching for some Debt Recovery/Collection Agency to start using Twitter first... :)

ildi

Hello everyone.
I have been on both situations: being chased for money and chasing money owed to me.
About the first one, I eventually start paying less than or as much as I could afford. Aqward situation, frustrating and annoying, but manageable.

Now… about the second one: I sold cosmetics worth about €800 to 3 different women, and never recovered the money. I did all I could, chasing, calling, texting, calling the Garda, calling a solicitor, even paying a debt recovery agency, SO FAR nothing worked.
I’d ask “TheManace”, have you ever been there in the situation to chase your OWN money? With all the risks? I did. I called the same doors that I delivered my cosmetics, again, and again. I took in a lot of verbal abuse, lies, racism, jokes..
So to satisfy your curiosity, I haven’t had my arse kicked yet, nor I got to kick one.
My conclusion is: there is no justice for a small business like mine’s. There’s no way I will recover the money by staying on the right side of the law. Debt recovery companies, no, they might work for big companies.
Gangs! That works, so I heard. I haven’t done anything like this in my whole life and I don’t intend to cross the line. But the fact is: Here in Ireland, in many cases the honest man will loose, the robber gets away.

skipzwolf

Hi ildi

Great observations there. You are right it is getting harder and harder for people - especially the small businesses - to get their money back. What we do at Aegis is actually go legal straight away in cases like yours. We would publish the debt against them to stop them getting credit elsewhere and we would also put a judgment against any property they had. This can be done relatively cheaply. It may not always get the money back for you, but we make sure that you have the upper hand by ensuring that they get a black mark against them and also secure their property via judgment. You may also be aware that failure to comply with court rulings on debt can also lead to the arrest of the debtor as well.
When we send out notices to people on behalf of our clients. We bullet point all the things that could happen if the debt is not paid. This initial letter is only a few Euro and has a high success rate. However, you also need to think about your own bottom line too and cost of recovery versus individual debt. If one person only owes you 800 then it would be worth spending 150 to secure judgment for example. If however the divided sum is minimal, you would want to get a debt collection instead of recovery. Our advice is free, so if you want to know more, just let me know. Take care Skip

ildi

Hi Skip. Thank you for your replay. I've alrady spent €300 with a company that did nothing, thats why I'm a bit skeptical to try again.
But I'll think of what you said and I might come back to you after the new year.
Thank you again.

skipzwolf

Hi Ildi

No problem. That sure is a lot of money you have laid out. Please feel free to get in touch if you would like some help to see what we can do in regards to getting this money back for you. Perhaps we could send out a letter to the necessary parties for you to see what their reaction is. I dont normally do this, but it seems that you have really been around the block, and with the market the way it is, we try to help small businesses. We could send the letters out for you at no charge and just charge you a small percentage once any money comes back. This way it is cost effective for you to see if you get anything back from them without having to lay out money yourself. Just let me know if you would like to try this. Hear from you soon or in the new year. Have a good one. Skip

Status
Not open for further replies.