Design Partnerships - how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Company A

I have a freelance web design business which is coasting along nicely, brings in on average a low 6 figure income PA (Euro) and has some very nice high profile clients with interesting web work which I enjoy.

It's time for me to change things a little now and I'd like to collaborate more with another professional designer(s) and I think some kind of partnership would be the way to go.

All my clients are spending a lot of money on print/graphic design which I don't do (even though I have a background in print) and I realise there are lots of big print jobs available if I could partner with another designer who offered print services.

One of the other main reasons I'd like to partner is so I can move more into the sales and marketing side of the business which I really like.

Does anyone know what is involved tax-wise in a Partnership or the benefits /disadvantages of this as opposed to just hiring some staff?

If any professional designers are reading this and would like to talk, then feel free to PM me. I can't guarantee I will get back to you right away as I am going to 'stew' on this for a few months and do more research.

figment

What do you mean by partnership? A legal business entity or just an agreed working arrangement between two businesses?

Company A

Both eventually.

But in the short term, an agreed working arrangement with a print&web designer. I would be looking to outsource large print projects. It'd have to be someone I trust impilictly and obviously someone who was an equal. Does that make any sense?

figment

It makes sense. The problem i have had is that the people i have worked with have been so good they end up with too busy a schedule to be available when i needed them. Its a bit of a catch 22. Employment might be your best option but you need to be prepared to pay well for someone good.

Status
Not open for further replies.