Different Budget/Ads for different countries in one campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

link8r

Is it possible in AdWords to target Ireland and the UK with a different budget or different URL's within the same campaign? I think the answer is no but if anyone knows a way, I'd love to hear. We have hundreds of keywords in about 15/20 different Ad Groups and copying them all + different ad variations doesn't seem possible.

We have a dedicated .IE and .CO.UK site. I know if I setup ad variations it will just rotate them but not based on the country they are shown in.

I also think the budget is set by campaign and not by adgroup

I also can't seem to copy a whole ad group or can I?

Redfly

Nope, you can only set country targeting at the campaign level. Bummer I know. You can't even redirect based on the users IP due to display URL policies.

Easiest way is to copy the campaign and set it to each country.

Yes, you can copy an adgroup, use adwords editor :)

I have a feeling you're concerned due to the campaign limits. Call AdWords support or email your rep, explain why you need a limit increase. They should grant it. It's a legitimate reason.

link8r

Thanks very much Dave, appreciate the reply.

We want to do it because we have a UK business and website and we have an Irish business and website. The AdWords programme was setup by an internal member and he put it up linking to Ireland. Now with the opening of the UK division we want traffic to go to the UK - but of course this isn't happening.

How does one get the Adwords editor - I admit, I haven't even tried looking :D - is it publicly available?

Redfly

Thanks very much Dave, appreciate the reply.

We want to do it because we have a UK business and website and we have an Irish business and website. The AdWords programme was setup by an internal member and he put it up linking to Ireland. Now with the opening of the UK division we want traffic to go to the UK - but of course this isn't happening.

How does one get the Adwords editor - I admit, I haven't even tried looking :D - is it publicly available?

In that case, you might want to look into two ACCOUNTS. If they're two completely different companies and it doesn't violate the double serving policies.

You've never used AWE? And you offer this:
Paid Advertising

For shame ;)

link8r

Excellent spot - actually we don't and that should be removed. We used to, years ago, have a relationship with an ex-Google AdWords professional. The page has been left there.

We use AdWords for a small part of research - but I'm totally SEO focussed (hardly original, I know).

I'm helping someone on AdWords - typically I refer people to yourself, Digino and others. They want to do it themselves, I'm always against that but you know yourself, client will do what client wants...

link8r

In that case, you might want to look into two ACCOUNTS. If they're two completely different companies and it doesn't violate the double serving policies.

Actually its the same company but it's a separate team - its like mycompany.co.uk and mycompany.ie - so we want UK visitors sent to the UK site and obviously we want a different budget between the two.

Both sites have re-direct based on IP anyway and they both have flags for both countries with different localised content, a centralised products database etc. SEO-wise it's 75% there after 9 months. Lovely project to work on.

AdWords - well, I shouldn't get involved - enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.