• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

daviddoran

That's just what we need louie, something else to distract my eye all over the place. Can we get some flashing christmas lights as well, oh and how about a blast of snow every time you click and how about a bunch of animated elves that follow the cursor .. I think I'm on to something!

louie

Common man, no need to be sarcastic here.
It was just a pure idea and is simpler to control and implement then snow flakes with Javascript.
As some people said, it's very hard to modify the logo adding some snow at the top (which I think is the best option, Google does it) if there is more then one background colour style, and you only need that for few days.

RedCardinal

Any of the arty design folk want to offer up a few image files that the rest of us could use to dickie up our sites?

Maybe a tutorial on how to add snow to your logo (now that's something that would get a tonne of traffic that could be monetised).

I want a santa hat for my bird :D

daviddoran

Here's a hata beag for your éin beag:

RedCardinal

Thanks David but I already beat you too it :)

So the decorations are up, still have to buy a couple of goats, and then I can enjoy my Christmas day whitewater rafting in north Thailand :D

Redfly

Thanks David but I already beat you too it :)

So the decorations are up, still have to buy a couple of goats, and then I can enjoy my Christmas day whitewater rafting in north Thailand :D

Looks great.
You really going to Thailand for XMAS?

I don't believe there is much WHITE water rafting. There's rafting, and its fun just outside Chiang Mai in the north. I am so jealous.:eek:

davidbehan

I second that... I'm jealous too! :(

But that's what I'm talking about... a subtle addition to the site that looks good but doesn't annoy the user. Good job! :D

I've to go off and try and beat that now or at least match it!!!

BTW... good idea... if anyone good designers want to give a tutorial for the snow effects, that'd be cool. I'll ask my designer about doing something but I'd like to know myself so might go and do a bit of googling! :D Will post if I find anything.

p.s. nice plug there Dave! Didn't know you posted here. Yet another Dave to distinguish!

RedCardinal

Here, I dont know if there a connection but I added that script after you suggested it and now my Adsense earnings on the site has doubled. :confused:

Xmas cheer - tends to have a strong psychological effect. That's why so many businesses/sites stick up the decorations :)

enzo

anyone else find those sort of scripts really f***** annoying? Do they not just visitors people off?

Gavin

Do they not just visitors people off?

It all depends on your visitors. If they are webmasters yes they will get pissed off but f its an 8 year old or some old granny then no, they love that stuff.

redfly not on my SEO site anyway ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.