• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin

Go on Michele, it's just about the only thing you don't have on here!

Hahaha!

Yeah go for it Michele.

Louie cheers for the link, looks easy enough. Right time to head off and make a mess of my websites. Actually, maybe I should add rain for the Irish site.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I actually found a plugin / hack for vbulletin that will do a variety of festivals, though to be honest it's not something I'd want to force on you all. I can see the whiney emails already :)

Gavin

well not from me as its always good to see someone put effort into something.

Maybe old grumpy granda would post about it, lol.

enzo

Do you make any changes to your sites' designs to reflect the season?

I used to have a series of logos for x-mas/new years/paddy's day etc. which would change automatically with a fancy bit of SSI. Got rid of it though.

Generally I think it is a good idea to at least make minor changes for the various holidays.

davidbehan

The best approach I think is to be subtle... a bit of graphical tweaking is the key IMO. I find that decorating the logo a little bit can be nice, i.e. a little snow lying on top of the letters, maybe some festive image beside it, etc. It can really be a nice touch without annoying your visitors with things like js falling snow, etc.

grandad

Yes because if I remember correctly he doesnt want to be woken until Christmas Day, hohoho. :)

He won't be talking to any of us now. He's in the Irish Times today in a feature about Virtual Ireland.

God, he'll be insufferable after this :(

Gavin

He's in the Irish Times today in a feature about Virtual Ireland.

And there was me thinking the only time we would see him mentioned in the papers is after he kidnaps the person who has been leaving crap outside his gate, lol.

grandad

That won't be kidnap. That'll be serious assault.
And they never even mentioned his kidnap to Guantanamo!
What the hell are they playing at?

Busarus

I used to when the site was small - but because the background to the logo changes per country and region within that country, it's now too much work....

louie

View attachment 38

there is a easy way of adding a christmas hint to the top of the page.

first create a div style in your css

then right below the <body> tag add the div
Code:
//css
div.holly{
position: absolute; 
margin:0px; 
padding:0px; 
background-image:url(images/holly.gif); 
background-repeat:repeat-x; 
width:100%; 
height:22px;