Do you use images in your blog posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMenace

I do. I have provision built into my CMS to handle images of a certain size that fit snugly into the post wrapper... but I can add custom HTML also. It's always good to use images to reenforce your message. Even if your blog is full of moronic silliness. :D

Remo

for some of my sites I like using images, especially if your talking about a product or moaning about a feature.

Images for the sake of it "no", images which help explain your point "problem with keyboard" or you think something from a service/product just makes no sense - hell yes :)

Cormac

Seems to me that post 6 says that you aren't interested in the copyright issues...

well I guess you can :
A) Fotoshop the images
B) Buy a licence to use the image
C) buy an exclusive ownership to the image (so nobody else can buy it / use it)
D) go to hell [Borrow/rip off the images]
E) contact owner and seek permission (and give em credit/link lurve i guess)

Option D and A in that order please.

EdenWeb

I've been using some images but find it annoying to have to resize them in Fireworks, upload them in Dreamweaver and then pull the absolute url into Word Press.
Am I taking the scenic route with all this? There's gotta be an easier way. I'd probably be posting a lot more if there was.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Why are you uploading them in DW?

All I ever do is resize / crop them and upload them via the interface

jennyrusks

Hi there,

I put images in nearly every post as most of mine are step by step type posts but even on the short posts I like to put in a few pics ... worth 1000 words and all that.

Lots of my images are screengrabs and I tend to use my own photographs too, but morguefile.com Where photo reference lives. and [SIZE=-1]http://www.sxc.hu are good for freebies that can be 'shopped. There's a fairly new free stock image search engine that people might be interested in, if you haven't seen it before. It's called http://[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]www.picfindr.com . I find that pretty handy too.

Jennifer

Digital Design Cottage : Photoshop and Lightroom Tips, Tricks, Tutorials and Training. Design Inspiration and Resources.
[/SIZE]

grandad

I know Grandad gets a lot of his images off Google Images. If anyone complains, he'll write a 'nice' post about them. But no-one reads his blog anyway.

Apart from that, he takes his own or does screen-grabs. I don't think he is particularly concerned with copyright, political correctness or anything else, for that matter.

madringo

I do use images the odd time but not too often - I'll usually use one of my own photos or else find something off the internet (get permission first). On another blog I co-run we sometimes use Flickr images and link back (once we contact the owner first).

Peter McC

I make my own.

I obviously don't include them in all posts as that would take too long (and more interest than I can sometimes muster) but I'm not a post-a-day kind of guy so sometimes I do make the effort.

My blog is hosted on WordPress, has virtually no customization so the home-made pics add a little personal touch. Most of them are in posts filed under blogging category (maybe all of them?).

If I'm writing a post about something like the Wayback Machine I just screen grab and edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.