Which Social Networks Do You Cross-post to?

• None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Facebook

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Twitter

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Google+

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • LinkedIn

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious to know if people actively cross-post their blog content / articles etc., to social media sites and if so which ones

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
And of course there's a great big typo in the post title :) *sigh*

brianbaru

Cross Posting

I use a couple of wordpress plugins that do it automatically. I have to say they are real time savers. Facebook page publish & wp-twitter

M@rc

I don't cross-post the entire post.
At some forums which I own or am an active member at, I might copy the first-second paragraph and include a link at the bottom to read more (of course, this is done in discussion form).

With social networking websites such as Twitter, the title and link gets copied (and maybe if I can enter more characters in the submission field, I'll add a few words), that's all.

brianbaru

I guess the whole idea of cross posting is to drive traffic to your site with a title, and a brief description. Hopefully enough to interest them in clicking the link.

M@rc

I guess the whole idea of cross posting is to drive traffic to your site with a title, and a brief description. Hopefully enough to interest them in clicking the link.
Or to share your information at multiple websites, ;) (assuming that the content is worth sharing)

brianbaru

If you are using wordpress, two good plugins are, "wp to twitter" & "facebook page publish". Both these plugins automatically publish your posts to these platforms

XavaIreland

I tend to post a link to Twitter straight away but on FB I tend to use a small part of the write up to attract traffic to me website. Over a period of time if my traffic hasnt increased too much, I will post another extract of the article on FB

jeffscott

I don't recommend using automation for cross posting because there are some elements missing in the distribution so it would be better if done manually.

lynsofia

You can post your blog content to advertising content marketing on multiple social media. Cross promotion help to make your content more visible and get real traffic on your blog to boost traffic and ranking.

Culljohn

Yes but not so often.
It depends on the content of the post.
But we do it manually, picking a snippet out of the post to share in the Social Media platforms.

drsmith7725

It's not a good idea to post the same article on multiple sites. Google might most likely see it like duplicates. Which means that the first article you publish, probably won't be affected, but the second and third won't rank to well.

Michael_C

Yes, we do, but we tend to post to our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts only the news and announcements about our company.

Status
Not open for further replies.