Status
Not open for further replies.

nevf

But it is extremely easy to template for yourself, have a look at the docs on their website about it.

Wild Thing

Must admit cmsms does its job ok. but not the one for me at present.
Has anyone any experience of xoops it has pretty big claims and awards but with being a fork of phpnuke does its security still look like a swiss cheese.............. full of holes!:rolleyes:

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Any reason why ?

What exactly are your requirements ?

There are 100+ CMS systems out there that I'd probably semi aware of ... I've used about 15 or so of them.

One could keep on going on and on looking but if you say what you need then it'll be a hell of a lot easier

Wild Thing

Its like falling in love with a sexy women you know its right just by gut instinct. What am i looking for.... something that looks good, secure and easily set up for a general 5-8 page company info site. Once done easily migrated with a tweek in design here and there. No dis-respect to cmcms its is ok and I know it has a loyal following.

neweb

Wild Thing, I wouldn't be so quick to shoot down Joomla 1.5

If you choose Joomla you have thousands of free templates to choose from as well as plugin's and modules.
You could setup a Joomla site in a day so its great for small jobs. If you really want to get into it you could design your own templates from scratch.

I have tried a number of different CMS packages and always returned to Joomla for its ease of use, and its add-on's.
At the moment I am currently creating my own template from scratch. Once complete it’s a snip to create different colours of the site simply by changing the colours on the style sheet.

Here are two sites I created using Joomla 1.5
www.hairways.ie
www.shanowenfiles.ie

My current project is a complete custom template for my own site (4 years overdue)

liffey

Joomla and cmsMS.

Don't go down the road of dotnetnuke. It was awful the last time I tried it.
I guess it is a long time since you tried DotNetNuke. DotNetNuke (DNN) is a mature product and well worth consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.