• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

achieve

I'd like to carry out a straw poll to find out the popularity of Dreamweaver by users of this forum. Personally I did use it, back in the early days, but found that given my background in computer programming that I preferred to code sites from scratch, and not use WYSIWYG type software. Personally, my main HTML editor is CoffeeCup. Having said that I have the new Dreamweaver CS4 in the post and will give it another go, and see what the new functionality is like.

louie

Start using Dreamweaver years ago when was available as ultradev edition.
At that time used many of the add-on available (using ASP) but after I moved to PHP, just using it as a WYSIWYG editor.

Tried other programs but when you get used to something, nothing is the same...

Gavin

I only use dreamweaver but I don't really make changes in the design view. Its handy for coding short cuts and making the same change across many pages.

jmcc

I tend to hand code a lot of stuff because of the constraints of bandwidth. The size of the html can make a difference when hundreds of millions of pages are involved. ;) Earlier this year I bought a copy of Dreamweaver and it is quite an impressive bit of software. So far I just haven't been able to get the time to develop some sites with it but I have a few planned.

Regards...jmcc

neweb

I stopped using it years ago. Started to try different packages.

I have been using Expression Web for some time now and its really nice to work with.

Only down side is, its not great for FTPing lots of files at the same time.
I use SmartFTP for that.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Been using Espresso the last while ... like the save and ftp at same time feature VERY handy

I even have a legal copy of Dreamweaver ... (I know I'm shocked too) :D

StephenM

I used to use Dreamweaver, but I moved to Crimson Editor for a while and then I started using phpDesigner, as the majority of my work revolves around PHP.

I am now using gedit on LinuxMint.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
actually used it back in the 90's as my introduction tool ... these days I just don't know I wonder if there is a good intro on using it on youtube

defeated

I looked at dreamweaver, got confused and decided to learn to code myself. That way I only had to learn how to code... not how to code and how to use dreamweaver. I was blessed by my laziness! I just use pagespinner (on my mac) and it integrates reasonably well with fetch(my ftp ap).

If anybody else is using a good php editor on a mac I'd love to hear about it!

sarahxbox2009

With our vast experience in web design and programming, we can confidently recommend the use of Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Fireworks, Adobe Flash, Adobe Contribute, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite. They are so easy to use, beware you can get hooked on to them :)

stephen186

Dreamweaver has been there since a long time, and knowing that new softwares are introduced on the web everyday , we do have a choice. I still believe that many of them including me are loyal to it and like to still use it, i am so used to using Dreamweaver, i have got used to it ,i don't think its going to get deleted from my system no matter what editor comes in the market.:)

blueark

Started using it again a few months ago after a long absense. It's good, although I'm sure I'm not using it to its full potential.

Have been using Visual Studio for ASP.net sites and Eclipse for some other stuff. I reckon any feature from whatever program I'm using at any one time, always seems to be done much better in the other program I'm not using at that moment... if that makes any sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.