Dynamic Keyword Insertion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilarie

Hi

I have read the other posts on this topic and also read up on Google and SEO Toolbook but I am still stuck!

Would Dynamic Keyword Insertion be a suitable method for listing locations ? For example I am using cars. So say I want to trigger my add, with 'cars for sale cork', 'cars for sale limerick' etc

Is this a correct layout?

Cars for Sale {keyWord:Ireland}
Search{KeyWord Ireland} car listings
Find your car Today in {KeyWord:Ireland}
url/ireland

If yes - this is where I am stuck

When filling out my list of keywords -

Should it be

cars for sale cork
cars for sale Limerick

or

{KeyWord:cars for sale cork}

I cannot find an example of a list

Thanks in advance of any help :)

georgiecasey

Your list of keywords for that example should be cork, galway, limerick, etc.
obviously that's not the right way to go, you don't want to rank for just those counties.

personally ive never had luck with dynamic keyword insertion, never works out right and quality score always crap. use the adwords api and some code to set up an adgroup for each county and have better control over your ads

Redfly

I'd go with an adgroup for each county (even geo targeted to each county...doesn't work so well in Ireland).

In each ad group pile in the list of car makes.

mazda
honda
honda civic
VW
VW Golf
VW Passat

Then your ad can be:

{keyword:Cars} For Sale Cork
Get the best priced {keyWord:Cars} In Cork
Our {keyWord:Cars} List is Updated Daily!
www.mycar.ie/{keyWord:Cars}

VW Passat For Sale Cork
Get the best priced VW Passat In Cork
Our VW Passat List is Updated Daily!
www.mycar.ie/VW-Passat

(I am aware the char limits are a little off, but you get the picture)

Hope that helps.

gav240z

Dynamic Keyword Insertion Works

Your list of keywords for that example should be cork, galway, limerick, etc.
obviously that's not the right way to go, you don't want to rank for just those counties.

personally ive never had luck with dynamic keyword insertion, never works out right and quality score always crap. use the adwords api and some code to set up an adgroup for each county and have better control over your ads

DKI or Dynamic Keyword Insertion does not count the keyword in the brackets {} as part of the quality score. At least that's what I last read about it, I don't know if this has changed recently though.

Personally I've never had a major problem with DKI and the Quality Score. As long as you have the right landing page. Which can be quite tricky if you are targeting a range of products / services with DKI. So sometimes its best as Dave has mentioned above to divide (and conquer) by separating into different ad groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.