Email Marketing Application Online (hosted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duernicus

Hi -do you use desktop type software or an already hosted one? I 'm looking for one like eMarketer (webvisions.com/emarketer) but larger

duernicus

sorry, to be clearer: if you do do email marketing, did you buy software and run it off your own ISP? or do you use an already hosted one - and if so, any recs? thanks. i have problems getting my app set up.

Hi -do you use desktop type software or an already hosted one? I 'm looking for one like eMarketer (webvisions.com/emarketer) but larger

figment

I use our own web based solution for the creating and editing of the newsletter and web based CampaignMonitor.com for the sending and tracking. Works great.

Redfly

I use PHPlist for small lists.

I also have a site with almost 100,000 members. I don't want to mail them from my own servers in case I get labeled as a spammer. I hear aweber is good. Any ideas? I'd ideally like something with an import function like PHPlist.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I also have a site with almost 100,000 members. I don't want to mail them from my own servers in case I get labeled as a spammer.

If the list is clean that won't happen.

We have clients who email larger lists than that without any issue since they've taken our advice on maintaining their lists

Redfly

Cheers for that. I would just be worried that someone would forget that they signed up to the site and report it as spam to spamcop or spamhaus and I'd be in trouble then.

I might have to give you a shout about that in a few weeks.

duernicus

phplist

i think i saw two (at least) mentions of PHPlist. how big are your email lists if you use this? i looked at the page (phplist.com) - it looks like its not meant for fools (like me). you have to (i think) insert variables by hand to customize the mailer?

I use PHPlist for small lists.

I also have a site with almost 100,000 members. I don't want to mail them from my own servers in case I get labeled as a spammer. I hear aweber is good. Any ideas? I'd ideally like something with an import function like PHPlist.

Redfly

I agree. The first time I used it (I was setting it up on a clients server), I was expecting to have some trouble. I even set myself aside a whole night to do it. I was very surprised at how flexible and friendly it is. While there are a LOT of features, it's not as complicated as it looks. And like riding a bike, once you learn it......

Status
Not open for further replies.