Embedding sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheres me jumpa

Im working on a site for an online radio show. Ive got a small browser that opens (thank you louie :)) and in the background I want the stream from the show to play.

The stream is:

http://212.72.165.26:9306/listen.m3u

How do I go about embedding this? Ive tried various combinations of the embed tag and even a BGsound tag.

daviddoran

You won't be able to embed the m3u because it is a playlist file which needs to be opened by a player or an embedded Flash player (your best option).

wheres me jumpa

Thanks David,

I just got the code that was used on the old site and there is a WMP and Real Player embeded players. They reference this much:

212.72.165.25:9306

As opposed to the link I provided above.

Phew!

Cormac

I'm not familiar with m3u files but if it was a .pls file then it would stream with winamp (or other) when the user clicks (or right clicks, firefox) to open the file.

I use shoutcast streams on my forum, they are transmitted via windows, quicktime and realplayer.

Take a gander here - QuickTime 6: Playing Shoutcast or Icecast Streams in QuickTime - It outlines how to use the quicktime embeed code for shoutcast. It may be of help.

gary.b

Don't forget to give hotlinks to lazy people like me. I like to play streams in foobar (like winamp), not my browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.