Status
Not open for further replies.

Fintan

Im researching a new venture.

I see AdSense as the main way of earning income in this business.

Is there a way of estimating earnings from AdSense?

Eg plug in general area of interest, number of visitors approx CTR and get a rough idea of the ballpark your looking at?

Any ideas on how I can do this would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Fintan

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt if there is any sane way of doing that :)

A lot will depend on the target audience

The lower tech audiences tend to click on ads more ..

Fintan

That's what I reckoned - its just I have a big void in my business plan that's bugging the hell out of me.

irish_links

One way to find the best income areas would be to try Google Adwords and see what prices and CTR you could expect for certain keywords.
If google charge more for certain ads - they are the areas that will pay more on adsense.
Good Luck

Fintan

One way to find the best income areas would be to try Google Adwords and see what prices and CTR you could expect for certain keywords.
If google charge more for certain ads - they are the areas that will pay more on adsense.
Good Luck

I have tried that, based on site targeted advertising we have carried out in the past and I was just wondering if there was a more accurate way of forecasting.

It seems that revenue will have to depend more on selling sponsored links than actual AdSense

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't try to run a site based purely on adsense revenue

Once the site is up and running and has traffic you can obviously build the revenue up, but I'd be more inclined to look at a variety of revenue streams from other forms of advertising and affiliate relationships.

Of course a lot will depend on the site's audience.........

Fintan

I wouldn't try to run a site based purely on adsense revenue

Once the site is up and running and has traffic you can obviously build the revenue up, but I'd be more inclined to look at a variety of revenue streams from other forms of advertising and affiliate relationships.

Of course a lot will depend on the site's audience.........

True, but I was trying to make it as painless as possible and thought adsense would be an easy way to do it.

Looks like I will have to put some work into so :)

Status
Not open for further replies.