Status
Not open for further replies.

bucks

Hey all,

Right im looking for a bit of advice.

I have an "excel" document that i use for calculating figures and percentages relating to different sorts of things, wont bore ye with the details...

What im looking to do is convert it into a web page where i can still do the calculations but on a web site and not in excel.

Something that looks clean and is easy to use.

What would be the best way to go about doing this, is there "off the shelf" software that can do this and also what would be the best and most suitable language ?

In excel when you change one figure the others automatically change to take this into account, im guessing on a web page this wouldnt work, prob need a recalculate button or something ?

Cheers for any help,
John.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
You might need to recode it in php (or another language) or javascript or a combination of both

louie

you could also import it into mysql database and use php or other programing language to make the modifications.

jmcc

Hey all,

Right im looking for a bit of advice.

I have an "excel" document that i use for calculating figures and percentages relating to different sorts of things, wont bore ye with the details...

What im looking to do is convert it into a web page where i can still do the calculations but on a web site and not in excel.
MS Excel has a publishing feature for use with IIS I think but I've never used it. A php based solution might work but you would be effectively recoding the spreadsheet software in php.

Regards...jmcc

Status
Not open for further replies.