F CK <p> tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost

Is any one using the FCK Editor 2.6 I have implemented it in my CMS and its hurting my head.
I have searched the FCK forum but cant find a solution to a problem.

The editor automatically enters <p> </p> tags to every thing including images and is feckin up my markup
the config file allows for <p> <div> or <br> on start up but this is no help I would like to start with a blank page and not have the editor insert a wrapping paragraph without me asking for it.

Any one found a fix for this ???

andywozhere

Yes I have the same problem, really annoying. FCK also seems to duplicate javascript code and add spaces where I don't want them. No solution though, sorry!

ghost

The only solution I seem to have so far is downgrade to V 2.3 which did not have this feature built in ,I would only I cant find a download for it

ghost

I am playing around with YUI RTE and its looking good
I am currently Rebuilding my CMS and my needs for an editor are simple as the people using it wont have any html knowledge ,
So its basic text editing and an easy to use image uploader .
so far the one that best meets my needs is the spaw editor I just find it too difficult to implement.
TinyMCE like Fck has too many bells and whistles for my clients.

andywozhere

Just as a footnote to this discussion... I don't have the time at the moment to change from the FCK editor, but found that if you use the editor on an IE browser there will be far more junk code thrown in. Use it in Firefox and it is not quite so bad.

Solonox

I have to say i used to hate the FCKeditor as well.. We have built an ASP.NET C# CMS with Anthem.NET, so basically FCKeditor and Anthem don't go together at all..

However after a lot of work we have gutted and made a lot of improvements to FCKeditor, including the addition of a SaveTrigger, similar to what is in use on TinyMCE. Since then we have 100% no problems with FCKeditor, which i never thought i'd be saying.. haha

hughdurkin

Is it a custom CMS or are you using an open source one? Sometimes using open source CMSes with WYSIWYG plugin presets can make certain tags not appear correctly... I've had this in the past.

ghost

Sell By 30-07-2008

Good Morning hughdurkin this is an old post check the date ,
The CMS is my own and I never fixed the problem I just learned to live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.